Friday, October 17, 2014

Reading now: thoughts about violence

Lately, I've been reading many things because I'm in period of tests. However, I want to put the focus on some lectures refer to the subject "Thoughts about violence in the psycho-legal field". These texts —from Thomas Hobbes to Michel Foucault, passing by W. Benjamin, R. Esposito, H. Arendt, etc.— are about reflections from philosophical politic and social science, that treat about the different ideas of violence and how it displays its numerous mechanisms and forms in the societies along human history. Clearly, the topics of these texts allude to the academic way to see and think the reality.

Fortunately, I enjoyed reading and studying these things very much last week. I think this topic is relevant because to think violence as a problem that is part of our human condition, as in the past and present, is very important for the develop of the knowledge about ourselves and all the things that we are and do. Moreover, it's very interesting to know the different approaches of the authors to the concept of violence in the modernity.

Thus as the teacher let us a link to visit and learn more about neuroscience, I'll do the same. I want to share a text that works the topic of violence along the history from the notion of "immunitas". Unfortunately, the text is not in English, so you'll have to read in Spanish (very difficult... hahaha).


  

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that this topic is so relevant too... and I think that isn't a problem read in Spanish XD...
      PS: I love your fish in the blog... are nice!

      Delete
    2. Yeah! The only thing that the fishes need is you feed themselves.

      Delete
  2. so difficult to read it if the book is in Spanish jjajaj :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thing this subject is very important because the violence is the problem increasing in this society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do yoy read for the test to Svenska? I pity you! :c

    ReplyDelete